Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lord Benedict hint? Combat hint?
04-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Lord Benedict hint? Combat hint?
I'm trying to figure out this game, but struggling hard. I'm level 3, have the best armor I can find, 3 pieces of Rusty gear...and I'm hopeless in combat.

I'm currently trying to beat Lord Benedict, who is allegedly level 3 (but has lots of HP). I was hoping that with a ton of healing potions I could do it...but nope, can't drink those by the gallon. I was hoping I could lure him into a trap...but nope, he's immune. I was hoping some prep potions would help, but armor potions an dodge potions still don't make any difference.

Is there a special trick to beating him that I just missed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2016, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 06:04 PM by The Asker.)
RE: Lord Benedict hint? Combat hint?
Three options:

1. level up one or two levels and come back, invest some money in the stun ability

2. use traps (fire, ice, poison, physical) from your inventory and lure the enemy into these

3. use your pet to initiate the attack, this way your first attacks will not result in the enemy attacking you back which allows you to do some damage and receive none in return (because your pet takes it for you) - you can see when the enemy will attack you when looking at the "aggrometer" (the bars above your health / mana): when it gets higher than your pet´s, the enemy will start attacking you
04-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Thanks, guess I'll try getting more stun...didn't seem to work on ghosts, but not much to lose. Shame I'll have to run through that whole thing again.

I tried the pet thing already; he mauled it so fast it didn't matter all, like every other strategy.

Admittedly, I didn't try traps, thought I needed to have a skill trained for that.
04-22-2016, 07:10 PM
You´re welcome.

You do not need the trap skill in order to place traps, but to build them.

In my experience it is a bad idea to face enemies who are more than 1 level above your own. It might be possible to win such fights, but against boss enemies it is even harder. This is why I always save my traps for those bosses. Wink
07-26-2016, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2016 08:36 PM by Ilyich.)
Very easily defeated Lord Benedict with a bow (me being lvl 3, DEX4, Archery 2). Just ran from him as far as I could and started shooting. When LB would get dangerously near - ran around him and to the opposite side of room - shooting again. Rinse and repeat. Spent about 80-100 arrows and one or two healing potions when I wasn't accurate while circling past LB.