Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Re-Balancing Gameplay
03-15-2016, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 09:28 PM by yariel.)
Re-Balancing Gameplay
1. Rebalanced default recipe based on skill existence
I notice several (default) recipe at early games is kind of absurd ...
can it get rebalanced ? (considering Highest skill level 3 or 4, shouldn't the recipe get around 1 or 2 instead ?)

2. More default Equipment at shop
I notice lack of Arcane Art caster equipment and Archer equipment ...
I know Arcane Art still mess up, but can there be more (default) recipe variation for it ?

3. Restock common item more often compared rare expensive one. (Ex :Arrow and Iron Ore)
lack of variation of equipment in game (At shop) please add more of this ...
this including several item which vital (basic item) which rarely or not at all respawn at shop (Ex:Iron Ore, Arrow, etc)

4. Rebalancing price ...
I notice several item, equipment and such DON'T MATCH THE SCALE EFFECT WITH PRICE ... (Mainly result from Critical Crafting, the other are food and potion)
Ex : Iron Bar have MORE price compared Spotless Metal Bar, shouldn't it be Spotless Metal Bar have more price instead ?

5. Rebalancing Status
it seems basic ability (VIT,STR,DEX,INT,WIS) really insignificant beside requirement for equipment ...
Suggestion : Can you DOUBLE the effect of basic ability ? (it should be triple, but it still okay with double to make it significant)
Make it somehow closer to Diablo

6. More Quest and Repeatable Quest
For such a good game, this feel empty if you have done most sub quest,
Suggestion : can there be repeatable quest which replenished from time to time ? (small XP obtained, and only give average payment)
(can choose Item or Money for reward, this might solve Arrow and Iron for game if Blacksmith/Archer give it)

7. Add and balancing Skill, including adding LP per level up.
I notice a skill sometimes only 3 and sometimes goes 4. Can I ask it goes into 5 (Max learn from Master/Teacher Quest ?)
Also if it increased can you add LP per Level become 10 instead ?

8. Add effect to few item.
Some item / herb don't have effect / or the effect don't match their price / rarity ...
like Arda's Special Sweet Cake, it don't have effect beside healing 30 Health.
Isn't that food should at least fill hunger too ?
(and probably MP too since sweet thing good for brain)

9. Leave the bottle / container, don't eat it ...
When you use or combine oil, it will leave the container, why the potion don't work that way ?
Suggestion : Consuming potion won't consume the bottle / container ...
if you says it's dirty, then just put it as "Dirty Simple Bottle" or something ...
and can be cleaned with combined Water Bucket and any dirty bottle to restore into usable one ...
(this will handle bottle shortage for potion making, and make Alchemy used more often)

10.Where did this plant comes from ?
I notice several plant / herb don't have seed or way to plant it ...
Suggestion : please add seed for each plant ... and if you need to plant the plant it self (like potato) make sure it ALWAYS harvest more than one ...

11. Too Much "Something is moving in my backpack"
It happen 5x a day in my gameplay, sometimes even 2 appear at the same time ...
not to mention IT TAKE WHOLE ITEM STACK IF MY FOOD INVENTORY IS FULL ...
Suggestion : reduce the frequency, the amount of bug (one is enough) and don't make it appear in case Food inventory is full ...

12.Rebalance MC with NPC
I notice NPC is a lot stronger than MC (they can easily have 3x HP compare MC at the same level), I also notice they can STUN ENEMIES FOR 10 TURN, NOT TO MENTION THIS ENEMIES SHOULD IMMUNE WITH STUN ...
Suggestion : I won't ask to weaken them since they can be easily killed by enemies around the map, but can you at least make MC stronger enough to get close at their status ?

13.Rebalance Pet with Enemies
I notice pet is OVERWHELMINGLY weak compared enemies ...
Ex : I have rare enemies as pet (Black Bear) and yet it barely able to hold against common Wolf at the same level (4) ... (I Use Easy mode, and even use all Bear ability as often as I could ... and yet it barely win)
Suggestion : Rebalance Pet status / skill / level so at least they can hold candle against their own type, and somewhat easier against lower type ... or give ability to use inventory / equip Amulet/belt ...

14.Update Pet System and Status
the more I test the worse I see ...
unless the pet have very high DEF and HP, they won't even last with enemy ...
They can't survive even with you helping them ...
Ex :
Spider, have good pet skill, but quite useless since they soon get died even if you supporting or become main attacker instead ...
- Pet should AT LEAST have 50-70% from their original HP at that Level, fix their status too ...
- The better Pet Skill actually not useable for Player ...
- The higher Hunting Skill Actually ENABLE YOU TO CATCH WEAKER PET ... shouldn't it become more useful / powerful instead ?

THE ONLY DECENT PET I GET AT THIS TIME IS BLACK BEAR (LV.2 SKILL), AND IT EVEN STRONGER THAN MANTIS, SPIDER, CRAB YOU HAVE (LV.3)...
THIS IS DISAPPOINTING ...
Since the enemies can't get renewed, we can't goes back to previous pet if they goes extinct ...
Suggest : Give player Animal Totem for certain animal if they able to catch it, so they can summon various pet without worry (the cooldown is heavy tough, like 300 or something, so player won't be able to abuse it)
- if the Pet still weak, enable Player to give single equipment, most logically, an Amulet / necklace ...
- I see Pet have inventory, make them able to use item if they in dire HP or MP, but for pet case, they can only use Food not potion ...
(basically they have faster HP / MP regen for healing in fight or outside fight, they have small momentary boost from food too, make option if player don't want the pet eat outside the fight)

to sum it up (Detail at above) :
1. Please Give more default recipe for variation thing like food, weapon and such ...
2. Please give more default item/weapon/armor shop which can be buy instantly ...
3. Please make so Respawn basic item goes a lot faster compared rare powerful item ...
(it's quite natural for shop preparing something which sell more faster at higher quantity)
4. Rebalancing Price (up to developer, but please make it "better" (more useful/powerful = more expensive)
5. Please Double effect of basic ability (VIT,STR,DEX,INT,WIS) ...
6. Please add More quest and repeatable quest (including choosing reward item or money)
7. Please make Skill goes into Lv.5 and if possible the last level need to learn from Master.
(also add LP per level become 10, and start with 10. make the Top level 10 too ... this will reduce urge to cheat and spawn LP book)
8. Please Add effect to few item.
9. Please leave the bottle when potion get consumed (based on what bottle being used to create that potion)
Note : Fred's Special Beer also don't leave Empty Mug, normal beer do)
(if you decide it's "dirty" bottle, then add combination Water Bucket + "Dirty xxx Bottle". don't think pervert thing, okay ?!?)
10. Please Add each plant and vegetable seed
11. Please Reduce bug appearing in Food Inventory
12. Please Rebalance MC with NPC as base comparation
13. Please Rebalance Pet with Enemies
14. Please Update Pet System and Status

BTW, thanks a lot for rebalancing Thirst and Hunger, this one really feels fit in gameplay ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2016, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2016 02:34 AM by yariel.)
RE: Rebalancing Requirement
Add request point 9 (which I think it should be like that) ...
(considering they make Beer, Oil and few other leave the container intact)

Add request point 10
Each plant should have seed, but some don't have it ... and it need more harvest ...
mainly in harvest (I get 1 Corn but get 4 Corn seed ... 'doh ... I prefer have 2 corn and 2 seed instead if possible)
03-19-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: Re-Balancing Gameplay
Adding Point 11 and 12 ...
11. Please Reduce bug appearing in Food Inventory
12. Please Rebalance MC with NPC as base comparation
03-22-2016, 01:17 AM
Adding Point 13.Rebalance Pet with Enemies ...
03-28-2016, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 09:29 PM by yariel.)
Add 14.Update Pet System and Status ...
05-11-2016, 04:52 PM
In game design, balance is the concept and the practice of tuning a game's rules, usually with ..... Jump up ^ Ambinder, Mike. "Biofeedback in Gameplay: How Valve Measures Physiology to Enhance Gaming

Led industrial lighting solutions
05-11-2016, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 08:42 PM by samuleskevin.)
In game design, balance is the concept and the practice of tuning a game's rules, usually with ..... Jump up ^ Ambinder, Mike. "Biofeedback in Gameplay: How Valve Measures Physiology to Enhance Gaming Experience" (PDF). GDC 2011.

Dubai sightseeing